ARCH is the peak resourcing agency for Housing Co-operatives in NSW. It assists interested groups of people statewide to plan, develop and establish housing co-operatives.
It also undertakes representation, advocacy, networking, education and training, program and policy development, information provision, planning and project development on behalf of NSW co-ops.
ARCH aims to…
- Promote awareness of the co-operative housing model in NSW and maximise choice for housing consumers.
- Support the development of a well managed co-operative housing sector.
- Provide information, resources, technical expertise and referral as required to members and the community.
- Provide effective education and training to support ‘best practice’ in co-op management and administration.
- Encourage the development of a well located, cost effective housing which responds to co-op members needs.
- Promote a co-ordinated approach to community housing by developing and maintaining strategic alliances with government and non-government organisations at national, state, regional and local levels.
- Represent the interests of the sector to government and advocate on its behalf.
- Promotes the interests of the co-operative housing sector through the active involvement in the development of appropriate policies for it.
ARCH’s Vision is to build active communities through Co-operative Housing.